As with every window header, the first button allows you to set the
type of window.
[point]Full Window (IconTog)
Maximise the window, or return to the previous window display size;
return to the previous screen setting. Hotkey: (ALT-)CTRL+UPARROW
All visible Sequences are completely displayed, centered in the
window. Hotkey: HOMEKEY.
The window shows the result of the Sequences, i.e. a picture.
[point]View Zoom (IconBut, click-hold)
Move the mouse to zoom into or out of the SequenceWindow. This is an
alternative for CTRL+MiddleMouse. View Border (IconBut) Draw a
rectangle to indicate what part of the SequenceWindow should be
displayed in the full window.
Force a clear of all buffered images in memory.
In the SequenceWindow you arrange your scenes, external pictures or
movie files for the postproduction of your animation. The Strip in row 1
is a sequence of numbered jpeg-pictures. It will play for a few
seconds and then "SCENE 1" in row 2 will be superimposed with the
"ALPHAOVER" effect in row 3. The "ALPHAOVER" generates some shadows,
which can be seen in the film-strip below. In "SCENE 1" (which is a
normal Blender-scene) the titeling is done with the usual animation
features from Blender, which makes that system a very flexible titler.
In the end a transition of strip in row 1 and the folowing in row 2 is
done with the CROSS effect. The numbers 1-2 are representing the row
numbers the effect applies to. The result is a smooth fade between the two
strips in row one and two.
The position of the mouse cursor becomes the current frame. If
DisplayImage is ON, the Sequences at this position are read or
calculated at this position.
Depending on the position within the window:
- On the sliders; this can be moved.
- The rest of the window; the view is translated.
Zoom in/out on the IpoWindow. For ease of use, you can only zoom
horizontally. Use the HeaderButton if you must zoom vertically as
Selection works the same way here as in the 3DWindow: normally a
maximum of one Sequence strip is selected. Use SHIFT to extend or
reduce the selection (extend select).
[point]RightMouse (click-hold-move )
Selects something and immediately starts translation mode, i.e. the Grabber.
Zoom in, zoom out.
Insert gap. One second is inserted at the current frame position. This
only applies to strips that are totally to the right of the current
Insert gap. As above, but now 10 seconds are
Remove gaps. All strips that are completely to the right of the
current frame and do not start past the last frame are repositioned
so that there is no longer an empty space.
The last selected strip is displayed completely.
All visible Sequences are displayed completely, centered in the window.
Select All / deselect All. If any strip is selected, everything is first deselected.
Add sequence. A PopupMenu asks you to make a choice. The
first three are possible sources:
The following menu options are effects that work on pictures; two
strips must be selected for this. The order of selection determines
how the effects are applied.
- "Images"; Specify with FileSelect (with RightMouse select!), what pictures will form a strip. If only 1 picture is selected, the strip is lengthened to 50 frames. Directories can also be specified; each directory then becomes a separate strip in the SequenceWindow.
- "Movie"; Specify with FileSelect (with LeftMouse or MiddleMouse!)
what movie will comprise a strip
- "Scene"; A PopupMenu asks you to specify the Scene that is to be
inserted as a strip. The Scene is then rendered according to its own
settings and processed in the Sequence system.
- "Cross"; a fluent transition from strip 1 to strip 2.
- "GammaCross"; This is a gamma-corrected cross. It provides a more 'natural' transition in which lighter parts are inserted before darker parts.
- "Add"; two strips are added together.
- "Sub"; the second strip is subtracted from the first.
- "Mul"; the strips are multiplied.
- "AlphaOver"; the second strip, with its alpha, is placed over the first. pictures with alpha are normally 32 bits.
- "AlphaUnder"; the first strip is placed behind the second, with the alpha of the second strip.
- "AlphaOverDrop"; like "AlphaOver", but now with a drop shadow.
Border select. Draw a rectangle with the LeftMouse; all strips that
fall within this rectangle are selected. Draw a rectangle with the
RightMouse to deselect.
If one of the ends of a strip is selected (the triangles), the current
frame is moved to this end. In all other cases, the Change menu is
invoked. This menu allows you to change specific characteristics of
the active strip.
If this is an Image strip:
If this is an Effect strip:
- "Change Images". The FileSelect appears and new pictures can be specified.
If this is a Scene strip:
- "Switch a-b"; change the sequence of the effect.
- "Recalculate"; force a recalculation of the effect.
- "Cross, Gammacross, Add, ..."; change the type of effect.
- "Update Start and End"; the start and end frame of the Scene is processed in the strip again.
Add Duplicate. All selected strips are copied. Immediately thereafter, translation mode is started. The images in an Image strip are reused; they take up no extra memory.
"Set Filter". An extra Y filter can only be activated in Movie strips. This filter is for a stable video display with no flickering.
Translation mode (the Grabber). This works on selected strips or the (triangular) ends of selected strips.
Alternative for starting this mode: RightMouse (click-hold-move).
The following options are available in translation mode:
- Limitors: SHIFT
with finer translation.
- MiddleMouse toggle:
A short click limits the current translation to the X or Y axis. Blender calculates which axis to use based on the already initiated mouse movement.
Click MiddleMouse again to return to unlimited translation.
These keys can be used to move the mouse cursor exactly 1 pixel.
- Grabber can be terminated with:
- LeftMouse, SPACEBAR
: move to a new position.
- RightMouse or ESC
: everything returns to the old position.
Make Meta. The selected strips are combined into a Meta strip. This
only occurs if no unselected strips are linked to the selection by
effects. Use TABKEY
to view the contents of a Meta or to leave the
Meta. Metas can be inside other Metas, and behave exactly like a
normal Sequence strip. When Metas are duplicated, their contents are
Un-Meta. The selected Meta is 'unpacked' again.
Snap menu. The PopupMenu offers you a choice:
"Sequence to frame"; the selected strips are placed with their starting point on the current frame.
Delete Sequence. The selected strips are deleted.
Last modified: Tue Oct 24 14:01:36 CEST 2000