This tool starts a repetitive "Spin" with a screw-shaped revolution on
the selected vertices. You can use this to create screws, springs or
The method for using the "Screw" function is strict:
If there are multiple 3DWindows, the mouse cursor changes to a question mark. Click at the 3DWindow in which "Extrude" must be executed.
- Set the 3DWindow in front view, NUMPAD_1.
- Place the 3DCursor at the position through which the rotation axis must pass, vertically on the screen.
- Ensure that an open poly line is always available. This can be a single edge or half a circle, or ensure that there are two 'free' ends; two edges with only one vertex linked to another edge. The "Screw" function localises these two points and uses them to calculate the vector that is added to the "Spin" per full rotation. If these two vertices are at the same location, this creates a normal "Spin". Otherwise, interesting things happen!
- Select all vertices that must participate in the "Screw".
- Give the buttons "Steps" and "Turns" the desired value.
- Press "Screw"!
Last modified: Tue Oct 24 17:30:32 CEST 2000